Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Just the thought of minty chocolate is mouth-watering! It rings of fresh summer days and secret pleasures. Here is how to prepare mint chocolate mousse when you are in need of something tasty that’s also really easy to make. Best of all, you don’t even need your fridge or oven - all you need is your good ol’ blender! Go on ahead and treat yourself, or make this when you’re expecting guests to arrive.
What You’ll Need:
- 6 dates (you can use an extra amount of dates if you want the dessert to be a little sweeter)
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 bananas (you can substitute the bananas for avocados if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup nuts (cashews work well but remember to rinse and drain them beforehand)
- 1/2 almond milk (or any other nut milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup carob powder
- Spatula or spoon
How to Make it:
1. In your blender, combine all the above ingredients, but only half of the milk amount should go in. 2. When you start blending all the ingredients, you can slowly trickle the rest of the milk in, too. This prevents the ingredients from sticking while becoming nice and creamy. You don't want your mousse to have any clumps! 3. To continue keeping the mixture smooth, make sure you stop blending when it gets too thick. You can also scrape the sides of the blender with a spoon or spatula before giving the mixture another whirl. 4. When it has achieved the texture of mousse, scoop it out of the blender.
There you go! Place the mixture in cups and serve right away!
This recipe will serve three people.
Serving suggestion: You could garnish the mousse with a variety of crushed nuts, whole mint leaves or crushed biscuits on top for an extra taste sensation.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.