My brother introduced me to this recipe after he took his daughter to a lavender farm near Niagara Falls, where they got to sample all sorts of lavender-infused treats. Adding lavender blossoms to coffee and tea lifts your beverage another octave, totally transforming your drink in a totally yummy way.
Making lavender coffee at home is as easy as making regular coffee, and any sort of coffee maker can be used. I use a French press, or Bodum, as I prefer coffee prepared this way, and my brother makes this drink in a stovetop espresso machine – both taste great!
For 3 cups
- 3 tablespoons freshly ground coffee
- 1 sprig of lavender – just flowers, stem removed.
- Boiled water
- Soy cream – or any other kind of non-dairy cream
- Grind the beans and add to the French press (or other coffee machine) along with lavender blossoms.
- Steep in boiled water for 5 minutes, and it’s ready!