Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
I want my children growing up eating healthy foods without animal products. I understand I can not control their diet every minute of the day, so I make sure they have vegan healthy snacks after school. I have my children help make the snacks they eat. Here are a few fun snack recipes for your little vegan.
1.) Peanut Butter Play Dough
- 1 Jar 18 ounces organic peanut butter – smooth
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Almond milk power – mix until right consistency
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Unsalted nuts
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl.
- Slowly add almond milk powder mixing well
- Continue to slowly add almond milk power until it forms a dough that you can handle and will not stick to your hands
The children can make shapes from the dough and decorate with vegan chocolate chips, raisins and nuts. After they finish their clay forms they can be eaten. Store the rest of the children’s clay forms in a sealed plastic container in your refrigerator.
2.) Dinosaur Balls
This is a fun treat for the children. When we make at home the children have named the ingredients for different part of dinosaurs.
Ingredients Part 1:
- 2 Cups Pterodactyl toenails, crushed (vegan sugar)
- ½ Cup Swamp water (evaporated milk 1 cup dry soy milk with ½ cups water)
- 1 Stick of Iguana fat (vegan margarine)
- Place all ingredients in saucepan
- Cook on medium heat until boiling
- Cook one minute, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat
Ingredients Part 2:
- 3 Cups bones (dried oats)
- 1 Cup dried grass (coconut)
- 2 Tablespoon dirt (vegan cocoa)
- ½ Teaspoon dirty water (vanilla)
- Mix the ingredients together
- Pour the hot liquid mixture into dry ingredients
- Mix well
- Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper
- Let cool
- Fun part eat
When we make this recipe at home, I have the children call them dinosaur eggs or dinosaur balls for fun.
3.) Summer Delight Orange Yogurt Frozen Pops
- 1 Small can orange juice concentrate
- 1 Pint Whole Soy Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- Maple syrup to sweeten – optional
- In blender add ingredients
- Blend together
- In popsicle try pour in liquid
- If you do not have popsicle trays use plastic cups and popsicle sticks
- Freeze for 24 hours
Makes 8 – ½ cup servings
We want you!
The Flaming Vegan is looking for paid bloggers! Whether you're vegan, vegetarian, or just v-curious we'd love for you to write for us. Signing up is quick, easy, and free. Start blogging for us today!