Here is a fresh and healthy meal for any meal of the day. I serve one or two or these with a big salad.
- 6 small corn tortillas (I used Sprouted Corn Tortillas by Food for Life)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch of fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbs lemon juice
- sea salt / celery salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- optional: vegan chicken strips, cut into small pieces (I used Yves Chicken Strips)
- Get out a medium sized bowl and add in the tomato, basil, lemon, salt, pepper, garlic, onion and chicken strips. Toss together. Warm up the tortillas for a couple of minutes in the oven. You can place some of the bruschetta mixture on top before placing the tortillas in the oven if you would like it to get a bit warmed up too. You can leave the tortillas in for a couple of minutes longer if you would like them to be sturdier. I like when they are warmed up but still soft so I can roll them up.
I also like placing the mixture in a romaine lettuce leaf or eat on its own or on top of a romaine / mesclun salad.