This is one of my favorite meals to cook up for lunch or dinner. It’s delicious, healthy and easy and quick to make.
You will need:
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread or English muffins
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach
- A couple of broccoli florets, sliced
- 1 mini bell pepper sliced into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 tbs. Earth Balance butter
- 3 Champignon mushrooms, sliced
- A 3” block of firm tofu
- 1/2 tbs. cayenne hummus (you can use whatever hummus you like, this is just my fave!)
- 1/4 tsp. of each of the following seasonings: citrus grill, chili and lime.
Melt the Earth Balance in a pan and add the mushrooms. Crumble the tofu into the mix and stir. Add the broccoli and bell pepper and keep stirring! You may need to add a little water if the tofu begins sticking to the pan. Now begin sprinkling in the seasonings.
While your feast is cooking, put the bread in the toaster. When the veggies start to look cooked and the mushrooms are brown, add the spinach and turn off the heat. Stir. The spinach should be steamed but not completely wilted. Next, spread the hummus on the toast. Now it’s time to load it up with good stuff! Pile on the tofu and veggies and enjoy!
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.