Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 15 mins.
Just slice up some veggies and make a tofu scramble the exact same way you would make one with eggs.
The key is to use a little turmeric to color the tofu yellow. I scooped half of the tofu scramble onto a whole wheat tortilla, topped it with salsa and jalapeños and wrapped it into a burrito. You can serve it with black beans or hash browns and a glass of freshly made orange juice or a cup of coffee. If you’re the type who only has time for a few nibbles in the morning, and much rather enjoys having breakfast as the day is winding down, eat breakfast for dinner or enjoy it as a Sunday brunch. Delish, tasty and comforting.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- Two 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- ½ tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/3 Cup Red Bell Pepper, Seeded and Diced
- ½ cup of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ Cup Green Onions, Diced
- One 14 oz. Block Extra-Firm Tofu, Pressed for 10-15 mins.
- ½ Cup Tomato, Diced
- 1 Tbsp. Nutritional Yeast
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Avocado, Diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced *optional
- Salsa *optional
- Warm a large skillet over medium-high and melt the coconut oil.
- Add the bell pepper, spinach, and green onions to the pan and sauté until the spinach is slightly wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Crumble tofu and add it to the skillet, folding it into the vegetables.
- Stir the tomatoes, nutritional yeast, turmeric, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder into the pan and let simmer over low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the diced avocado to the scramble and stir it in long enough to heat the avocado.
- Spoon half of the scramble into the center of each tortilla and top with jalapeños and salsa (optional)
- Wrap the tortilla into a burrito.