This is a perfect meal for working moms. I would suggest putting this meal in the crockpot by noon. If you have never used a crockpot, I would like to challenge you to try now. The effort to put supper on in a crockpot in the mornings is well rewarded when the family is met at the door with the wonderful aroma of dinner. Crockpots are terrific for families wishing to restore the traditional sit-down family dinner meal.
- 2 12-ounce packages frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 15-ounce cans of lentils
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 16-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup dried wheat spiral or elbow pasta
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 12-ounce can pumpkin well drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Spray crockpot with vegetable cooking spray.
- Place both packages of frozen mixed vegetables in crockpot. Frozen vegetable packages should include celery, carrots, potatoes and etc...
- Add both cans of lentils, 1 quart vegetable broth, can diced tomatoes, onion, pasta, pumpkin, garlic, oregano and cumin.
- Cook on high for one hour, then simmer on low for several hours.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.