Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Soups are a must-- whatever the season. They keep your energy levels high by lending your body boosts of valuable nutrients. This healthy, wholesome, and flavor-packed soup is ideal for quick weeknight meals if you prepare a batch ahead of time, and so scrumptious that it will change the way your family sees soup! Corn and other vegetables used here can often be more locally sourced this time of year, so let's get cracking!
- Four ears of corn (cut off the cob)
- One red bell pepper, diced
- One little onion, chopped
- A large handful of mushrooms, sliced
- Two cloves garlic, chopped
- Three celery stalks, diced
- One tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Two cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- One teaspoon red pepper flakes
- One can coconut milk (approximately 5 oz)
- One cup water
- Lime juice of one lemon
- Salt & cracked pepper to taste
STEP 1: Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat.
STEP 2: Once the oil is hot, sauté the onions until they become translucent.
STEP 3: Add the celery, garlic, corn, bell pepper, and mushroom to the mixture and cook a few minutes more.
STEP 4: Now add the coconut milk, curry powder, unsweetened non-dairy milk, red pepper flakes, lime juice, water, sand alt and pepper to taste and cook on medium heat for at least ten-twenty minutes or until the entire mixture is thoroughly heated through.
STEP 5: Add the spinach and cook until it is softened to your liking.
STEP 6: Taste the soup to gauge if you want to add any flavors by upping the spices. Serve with lime wedges to accentuate the flavor.
*You can also serve this soup with some crispy fried or baked bread to soak up the juices. Enjoy!
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.