Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
India is extremely famous for its traditional food. Today, I am going to share a south Indian recipe of the well known healthy Dosa. Dosa is a recipe which is not only enjoyed in India but also in countries like Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Singapore. Dosas are extremely popular in Indian restaurants.
A typical south Indian dosa is a crepe made out of fermented rice and lentils. In India you will get a variety of Dosas like the Mysore masala Dosa, paper Dosa , Rava Dosa and many more. Different regions have different styles of Dosas with minor changes in the ingredients depending on the locality or the specialty. You can customize it by adding ingredients of your own choice. I am going to use ingredients which are used for the typical delicious south Indian Dosa. With this quantity of ingredients one can prepare at least 10 dosas in one go. So let’s begin with this delicious recipe of vegan Indian Dosa.
• 4 cups rice
• 1 cup cooked rice
• 1 cup urad dal [ black gram ]
• ½ teaspoon salt
• Oil to cook
METHOD TO PREPARE THE DOSA:
- STEP 1: Take the rice as well as dal and wash them in a large bowl.
- STEP 2: Now soak the washed rice and dal in water for at least 6 hours. Let the rice and dal get fermented.
- STEP 3: After the rice and dal are fermented properly grind them in a grinder or blender and add the cooked rice in the mixture whilst grinding the batter.
- STEP 4: Now the batter is ready. So start preparing the dosas.
- STEP 5: Heat a flat pan. And sprinkle some water on the pan.
- STEP 6: Pour about ½ cup of batter with a spoon. And start spreading the batter on the pan in a circular pattern. So that your dosa gets a round shape.
- STEP 7: Now sprinkle some oil on the edges of the dosa.
- STEP 8: Let the dosa cook until it turns golden brown. Once the color turns to golden brown turn the dosa fold it into half and remove it from the pan.
Serve it with hot sambar or chutney. You can also preserve the batter for 4-5 days and prepare hot dosas whenever needed. The batter doesn't get spoilt at least for 4- 5 days if it is refrigerated properly. Make yourself an amazing breakfast of healthy evening snack!