Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Potatoes are one of the most commonly used vegetables in India. Today, I am going to share a delicious recipe of Indian Dum Aloo, which we commonly refer to as potato curry. This recipe is a part of the rich and diverse Kashmiri cuisine. The healthy spices in this recipe make it great in terms of taste and also help aid in the digestion process. You could serve this dish with some deep fried onions, adding to it's crunchy texture. This Indian go-to is full of incredible flavors and spices and yet is very simple to make.
• 10-15 baby potatoes
• 1 large tomato
• 1 large onion
• ½ tablespoon ginger paste
• ½ tablespoon garlic paste
• ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin powder
• ½ teaspoon lemon juice
• 3-4 cups of water
• Salt to taste
• Oil to cook
• Chopped coriander to garnish
- STEP 1: Rinse the baby potatoes and fry them in a pan for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- STEP 2: Finely chop the onions and tomatoes and prepare a simple puree of them with any blender or food processor.
- STEP 3: Heat oil in a pan and add the ginger and garlic paste. Let the mixture cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- STEP 4: Pour the puree in to the pan and let it simmer for another 10 minutes.
- STEP 5: Once the mixture is cooked properly, add your turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, and cumin powder to the mix.
- STEP 6: Cover the pan and let the mixture simmer for yet another 8-10 minutes.
- STEP 7: Add water and let the curry cook for 5 additional minutes.
- STEP 8: Finally, add some lemon juice and garnish the curry with chopped coriander leaves or mint.
You can serve this delectable curry with warm bread or steamed rice. Enjoy!
Image Courtesy: Flickr