Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
If you're searching for a recipe to start off your morning, here’s a great one. This recipe is easy to make and is wholesome at the same time. You will require only a few ingredients. Let's get started.
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Step 1: Mix one teaspoon sugar with warm water in a large bowl.
- Step 2: Add the oil, salt, vanilla, and yeast and combine well.
- Step 3: Add more flour if required (to reach your desired consistency), and knead the dough with your hands. Once the dough is soft enough to make balls out of it, that means it is ready.
- Step 4: Keep the dough in a bowl covered with a cloth and let the dough rise for at least two hours. Check then to see if the dough has become fluffy.
- Step 5: Roll the dough into a flat rectangle and heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 6: Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
- Step 7: Now spread the mixture of sugar and cinnamon powder evenly over the rolled out dough.
- Step 8: Roll up the dough tightly. You can make two or three rolls and then cut them after baking if you like.
- Step 9: Bake for 30 minutes and check on your bread frequently, looking for a nice golden brown color.
Remove the rolls from the oven and let them cool down. Now cut them into slices and enjoy your homemade vegan cinnamon swirl bread with a steaming hot cup of tea or coffee.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr’s Creative Commons