Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Some people assume that vegan baking is impossible. No eggs? No butter?! But there is so much on the food spectrum that vegan cooking can not only be delicious, but also healthy. It can even be cholesterol-free since we are not using animal products. By removing those animal products, we are already potentially reducing calories and helping the animals as well. Let's begin our veg baking adventures with this delicious vegan cake.
Ingredients for Cake:
- 3 cups organic unbleached white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extracts
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of cocoa powder
- 2 cups natural cane sugar
- 4 teaspoons espresso powder
Ingredients for Icing:
- 2 ounces chocolate
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons soy creamer
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Ingredients for Ganache:
- 5 ounces chocolate
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1/3 cup soy cream
- 1 table spoon vanilla extract
- So now let’s begin with the first step
Directions for cake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 375. And be ready with non stick cake pans.
- Take a large bowls and mix the flour, baking soda, cocoa, sugar and salt.
- Take a small bowl and mix oil, vanilla extract and espresso powder.
- Now mix the ingredients together and add cider vinegar to the mixture and stir quickly.
- Pour equal amount of mixture into the two cake pans and bake for 30 – 40 minutes.
Directions for Icing:
- Melt the chocolate and let the chocolate cool down to room temperature.
- Add sugar, espresso powder, soy cream and vanilla to the chocolate .
- Beat the mixture until it becomes smooth.
Directions for Ganache:
- Firstly, you need to process the chocolate in a food processor until it is finely chopped.
- In a sauce pan , stir the syrup and cream and let the mixture boil.
- Mix the chocolate and the mixture together until it becomes smooth.
- Take the first layer of the cake and place it on a plate .
- Spread the icing evenly on the top of the layer now place the second layer on the top of the icing.
- Spread the chocolate ganache over the top and on the sides of both the layers.
Now we're ready with our delicious vegan cake! Enjoy this healthier and equally delicious vegan cake recipe for years to come.
*Image courtesy Flickr Creative Commons.