Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Mac-and-Cheese. Need I say more? This dish is extremely famous for a reason, and great vegan versions are actually very simple to prepare. This particular recipe is absolutely simple and can be prepared quickly. We are going to use some simple ingredients that are often readily available at home and can be prepared in a snap. I am using some of my favorite vegetables here, but you can customize the dish according to your veggie loves. Let's get started.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3–4 cups macaroni [you can easily incorporate gluten-free macaroni]
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- 1 cup chopped onions
- Dash of salt
- ½ tablespoon pepper
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 4-5 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- Oil to cook
- Chopped cilantro leaves [ for garnishing ]
METHOD TO PREPARE:
- Step 1: Take a vessel and boil the macaroni. Once the macaroni is boiled, strain the water and set it aside.
- Step 2: Add some oil to a saucepan and combine the chopped garlic and onion. Let them cook for about two minutes.
- Step 3: Combine the onion and garlic in a blender. Add the coconut milk and raw cashews. Blend the mixture for at least five minutes until smooth.
- Step 4: Next, add the vegan cheese and the sauce mixture in sauce pan and let it cook for another five minutes.
- Step 5: Once the mixture is cooked, add the boiled macaroni and mix well.
Serve piping hot and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves or panko and freshly roasted vegetables.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr.