Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Risotto is an Italian cuisine and is prepared all around the world. Essentially, risotto is a dish that is cooked with rice and vegetable stock. It has a creamy and wholesome flavor. Many of us think that it is difficult to prepare risotto at home, but even though this dish seems difficult, it is actually very simple to prepare. All you have to do is gather the ingredients and follow these simple instructions. The ingredients used in this recipe will be readily available at your home or at any grocery store. So let’s get started with this recipe.
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cups of risotto rice
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of pepper powder
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- ½ cup of finely chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup of finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of vegan parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Step 1: Take a pan and heat some olive oil in the pan.
- Step 2: Next, add the onion and garlic to the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Step 3: Now, add the risotto rice to the mixture. Keep stirring the rice for 5 minutes. Once the color of the rice turns golden brown that means the rice is cooked properly.
- Step 4: Add half of the vegetable stock to the mixture and stir well. The rice will absorb the vegetable stock, but you will still have to keep stirring it.
- Step 5: Next, add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the mixture and let the tomatoes cook for about 2 minutes.
- Step 6: Add the salt and black pepper powder to the risotto and mix well.
- Step 7: Add the remaining vegetable stock and parsley leaves. Stir all the ingredients until they are cooked.
Garnish the risotto with basil leaves and grated vegan parmesan cheese. Serve this dish piping hot. Hope you like the recipe.
Photograph Courtesy: Flickr's Creative Commons.