Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5-7 minutes
A hot drink on a cold night warms the insides like medicine for the soul. Hot chocolate is the perfect compliment with Christmas treats for a party. The drink may be kept warm in a crock pot, carafe, or mixed as needed. Christmas gifts from the kitchen are offered from the heart and so appreciated by the receiver. This dry ingredient mix makes a perfect Christmas gift.
- 1¾ cup of Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Trade Sugar (or other bone char free organic pure cane sugar)
- 2 cups Cocoa Powder
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup of Almond, Soy or Rice Milk (per serving)
Other Supplies Required:
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Paring Knife
- Pint Size Canning Jars
- Wooden Spoon
- Open vanilla bean by running tip of paring knife down length of vanilla bean pod.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean pod.
- Place seeds into bowl. The remainder of the vanilla bean pod may be saved for other recipes.
- Add sugar, cocoa and salt.
- Stir with wooden spoon to mix all ingredients well.
- Place dry ingredients in pint size canning jars for Christmas gift giving or storage.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of dry hot chocolate mix with one cup of almond, soy or rice milk.
- Heat ingredients in sauce pan over stove on medium heat setting until warm, stirring constantly.
Christmas Gifting Suggestions:
- Place Christmas fabric swatch on top of lid, add ring on top of fabric swatch and twist the lid/ring assembly on jar to secure. Ribbon may be added around outside of ring with to/from tag attached.
- Several jars may be placed inside Christmas gift box for a family gift or hostess gift.
- Jar may be combined with coffee mug in a basket and covered in clear wrap for a very pretty Christmas gift presentation.
Photo courtesy of Holiday Gift by Adrian at Flickr’s Creative Commons.