I’m not a breakfast person, nor is my husband. I usually like salty foods, not sweet ones. My husband, on the other hand, has a real sweet tooth. And although he doesn’t like to have a big breakfast, he does like a big dinner. His biggest meal is always dinner.
Once in a blue moon, when we go out to eat, he orders pancakes for dinner. It's one of his favorite things. I think it's partially because I never make them at home. Today, I decided to surprise him with special pancakes-- chocolate chip. He loved them!
These are not only delicious but look gourmet, like they were taken out of a magazine.
This is a very easy recipe and a real treat. I promise it will be your new family favorite and you can definitely impress your friends with these.
Chocolate Chip Vegan Pancakes
Yields 6 pancakes
- 1 cup 100% Organic all-purpose flour
- 2 Tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- ½ Tbsp. organic agave nectar
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva organic buttery coconut oil
- ½ cup Equal Exchange semi-sweet organic chocolate chips
- Heat your pan over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix together using a whisk. Mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Lightly grease your pan with a bit of oil.
- Spoon batter onto pan to form pancakes of your desired size.
- Cook pancakes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Flip and cook the other side until golden brown (about 2 minutes)
- Repeat procedure with remaining batter.
- Transfer your pancakes to a plate and serve warm.
*You can eat these plain or top with maple syrup, peanut or almond butter, sliced fruit (such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries), more chocolate chips and/or chopped nuts.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons