Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
I love lasagna and especially vegetable lasagna. I have used this filling in Ricotta, over rice, mixed with noodles, and a filling for lasagna. The vegetable base makes a great filling for stuffed pepper. Chinese cucumbers are large and easy to cook with. If you do not have Chinese cucumbers in your market you may substitute zucchini or other varieties of cucumbers in this filing.
1 Package Lasagna Noodles; follow direction for cooking
1 Large Chinese Cucumber; cut into quarters, seeds removed and sliced
1 Large White Onion; chopped
½ Pound Fresh Long Green Beans; cut into ½ inch pieces
6 Green Tomatoes; cut into ¼ inch pieces
3 Red Tomatoes; cut into ¼ inch pieces
1 Small Can Tomato Sauce
10 Fresh Basil Leaves; chopped fine
7 Cloves Garlic; chopped fine
Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
1 Teaspoon Oregon
1 Teaspoon Curry Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt; or add extra for taste
½ Teaspoon Pepper; or add extra for taste
1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Add cucumber, green beans, tomatoes, and onions to saucepan.
- Add chopped basil leaves, salt, pepper, curry, Oregon, and Italian season to saucepan
- Add tomato sauce to saucepan
- Add 2 cans of water to the saucepan (can of water is the same as the tomato sauce can); mix well
- Cook on high heat bringing to a rolling boil
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes cooking vegetable until tender
- In glass rectangular baking dish lawyer bottom of dish with one layer of lasagna noodles
- Cover noodles with filling
- Add Vegan Mozzarella cheese
- Repeat until you have 4 or 5 layers topping the final layer of noodles with Vegan Mozzarella cheese
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with French Bread and salad.
I found this wonder homemade vegan mozzarella cheese recipe one day when searching on the Internet. The recipe is simple and the cheese is wonderful. For my family I make the cheese the day before. I would like to suggest using this cheese recipe when making the vegetable lasagna. http://jennshaggy.blogspot.com/2009/04/home-made-vegan-mozzarella-that-melts.html
My Grandchildren adore Ricotta and the filling is wonderful with Ricotta noodles. Prepare the Ricotta noodles according to directions on the box and added to a rectangle baking dish. Pour the sauce mixture over the noodles, mix well and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes until the cheese melts and turns slightly brown.