Prep Time: 1 minute
Do you want to make a certain frosting for a dessert? Well I have a vegan type of frosting that can replace dairy products such as milk and heavy cream. Some may say how is that possible? But it is actually possible and will taste really good. You or your children will not recognize the difference, but it definitely taste cleaner without the sugar high. As you know, many store bought frosting contains a lot more grams of sugar.
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- 2 tablespoons Organic Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Vanilla Extract
*Heavy cream is used for non-vegans, but coconut cream is a great non-vegan substitute.
- Place a small bowl on top of a large one. Make sure the large bowl has ice with water.
- On the small bowl, place vanilla extra with coconut cream
- Use a mixer and start adding the sugar
- Mix it until you see the frosting become thicker
*If you were wondering why use ice and water, well it is because the cold makes the frosting thicker and from tearing apart.
*Optional: Sprinkle with shredded coconut for even more coconut deliciousness.
*Image courtesy Flickr creative commons.