Sprouts are quite easy to grow and provide you with a boost of minerals and vitamins. Usually, just a small cup of Alfalfa seeds, as a example, grows to a huge amount of sprouts which you can put on your salad, as a topping on your bread or even in your cooked meals.
In my opinion, the best food is raw food, so here is my very first receipe, yay! :)
Carrot Beetroot Alfalfa sprout salad:
1. Grow Alfalfa Seeds. This will take about 3-4 days. How to do it you will find on the internet.
2. Rasp raw carrots (about 3) and one or two beetroots (depends on the size), add as much of the alfalfa sprouts as you wish.
3. For the dressing:
Recently I discovered fresh horseradish. It is very spicy, so if you don't like it spicy, leave it out. If you do, then rasp some fresh horseradish in the dressing, so:
- some lime
- sea salt or rock salt (unrefined salt, very important!), pepper
- some sweetness, you can use agave syrup or raspberry syrup or figs mustard, sugar should be avoided.
- some kind of pesto, basil or bear's garlic/wild garlic or spicy or salty hemp spread
- garlic, if you want to
- healthy oil (rapeseed, olive, linseed)