Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Who does not love avocadoes? Nowadays, many people understand the health benefits of consuming this delicious and versatile fruit. Even though it is used as a vegetable in many recipes, you can mix it with fruits and sweet spices to give it a nice, dessert flavor. This recipe allows you to consume this healthy fruit in a different way.
To make things even better, this smoothie packs a punch of nutrition as well as being a great breakfast on the go that keeps you full for a long time. The potassium in bananas and the healthy fats in the avocado ensure that you will be satiated for a few hours. It is also a great drink to take immediately after a workout.
If you would like to have a more liquid consistency, add an extra cup of milk alternative. But, do the recipe as it is first before making any changes to see if you like it. Then, if you prefer, make it more liquid.
So, go ahead and give it a go – try this wonderful, amazing, tasty and incredibly easy smoothie that will surely tantalize your taste buds!
This recipe makes four portions.
- 2 bananas
- 1 large avocado
- 4 cups of milk alternative (I recommend almond or coconut milk here)
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener (raw cane sugar or agave syrup work well here)
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder *Optional: this makes it into a dessert drink
- Peel and dice the fruits.
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve fresh because the avocado may start to turn brown very quickly if you store the smoothie in the refrigerator.
On top of being filling, this drink will also give you a great boost of fiber (from the avocado) as well as a good quantity of calcium (from the milk alternative). There is also a non-negligible dose of protein in both the milk alternative and the avocado.
For an added plus, top with a fresh mint leaf, some cocoa powder and a cherry. Yum!
Photo credit: flickr.com